The Open Minds dialogue platform provides an opportunity for our users to publish content and discuss and debate issues more generally. Our aim is to ensure this platform is inclusive and safe, and that you will always find lively, entertaining and intelligent content and discussions. As such, we may sometimes need to moderate content posted on the platform.
- We welcome debate, but personal attacks, persistent 'trolling' and abuse will not be tolerated.
The key to maintaining the Open Minds blog as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent, inclusive discussion of topics.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about the issues, topics and risks being discussed on the Open Minds blog, but we will consider removing content that others might find offensive or threatening.
Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution to the community.
- Also, be aware that you may be misunderstood.
Try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently than you intended. Remember that text isn't always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humour and so on) doesn't always come across when using words on a screen. You can help to keep the Open Minds blog open to all content, users and viewpoints by maintaining a reasonable tone, even in unreasonable circumstances.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy.
Such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, postings that appear to originate from an account that impersonates someone else, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like.
Our aim is that this site should provide a space for people to interact, and we actively discourage commercial entities passing themselves off as individuals, in order to post advertising material or links. We appreciate contributions from businesses and employees and encourage you to join our community, but persistent posting of propaganda or content that does not add substantial benefit to the quality of the discussion on the Open Minds blog will be removed and user accounts and posting privileges may be suspended.
- Keep it relevant.
We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic ("off-topic") then it may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track. This also applies to queries or comments about moderation, which should not be posted as comments.
- The platform belongs to Swiss Re, but the conversation belongs to everybody.
We want this to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and we expect participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic in community interaction areas, please report it to a moderator or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, the debate itself is improved and everyone benefits.
- If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems.
- Don't be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humour we know you possess.
- Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you're participating. Help make this an intelligent place for discussion and it will be.
In line with the community standards published above, we take the following approach to moderating content on the Open Minds blog:
- We will, when necessary, remove user postings or comments from our articles, and blog posts.
- We reserve the right to take any steps or implement any measures if we feel they will benefit the whole Open Minds community.